GPS-to-Google Earth, or gps2ge, is a utility to monitor your GPS position and track in Google Earth.
- Tilts, tracks and zooms to follow your position in real time
- Your choice of fix icon (aeroplane, car, or generic position marker)
- Icon changes to warn of loss of GPS fix
- Follow your track along the ground, or in three dimensions (even through the air)
- Optional periodic snapshots of position, velocity and time
- Customizable view range and tilt angle
gps2geX is a Cocoa (Mac OS X) GUI-based version of gps2ge, bringing the ease-of-use of a graphical interface to the fun (and functional) gps2ge utility.
- gpsdX (or another installation of gpsd on Mac OS X 10.4 or newer)
- Google Earth
- browse your intended journey in Google Earth first to load it into disk cache - the more disk cache, the better!
Problems? Check the FAQ.